Clubs & Fisheries
We are looking to hear from angling clubs and fisheries that want to help get more people into fishing. Working in partnership with the Angling Trust, their team of Regional Development Officers will be able to work with you to organise a safe, fun event ideal for getting new people fishing.
There are a number of different ways a club or fishery could get involved in National Fishing Month this year;
- Organise a simple fishing event, giving people that have never tried fishing before the chance to have a go.
- A coaching programme providing the opportunity to not only get people into fishing but give them the opportunity to learn how to fish through weekly events as part of NFM.
- Providing a discount on day tickets – to help get more people fishing or people back into fishing, a fishery may wish to provide a discount on day tickets. For example free day tickets for under 12s when fishing with an adult or 2 for 1 day tickets on a certain day of the week.
The team of Regional Development Officers will be able to help you;
- Plan and organise your event or activity to ensure lots of new people are able to come along and get into fishing.
- Organise a free fishing licence waiver to ensure non anglers can try fishing without the need of a fishing licence.
- Access the resources you require to help run your event or activity.
- Provide advice and guidance on safeguarding children and young people and health and safety considerations.
- Ensure that your event is listed online as part of National Fishing Month and included in all marketing and promotions that are circulated to the public.
To get in touch with your local Angling Trust Development Officer, simply visit
In the trade?
We want to hear from all trade organisations, tackle shops and fishing brands. There are a number of great ways you can get involved in National Fishing Month and help celebrate the wonderful world of fishing.
For more information on how you can get involved, please use visit our contact us page, provide some basic contact information and we’ll get back to you.